Search Frugal Divorced Liz

Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW!

I live in Georgia, which is why I consider snow to be amazing! Yesterday afternoon, it started snowing at around 2:00. By about 6:00 there were about 5 inches of snow on the ground! The trees, houses, bushes, yards...Everything is just covered in a white blanket of snow. I swear my neighborhood looks like a New England winter photograph right now! My kids have been so excited. They had never seen snow on the ground before. We went outside and played in it all day yesterday, came inside to warm up and eat dinner, and then we went back out to play in it at night! I was very tired by about 9:00, from carrying firewood and chasing after my kids.:P

The amazing snowfall is still here this morning, so I think we're in for another long day of playing in it! The bad part is, the roads are all covered in ice, so no one can drive on them! We're pretty much stuck in the house until the snow and ice melt. I'm so glad my "Food Bank Account" is stocked up, because I don't know how long it will be until we can go to the store! Luckily, I bought two new movies at Goodwill, and a 20Lb bag of popping corn at Sams Club. One of the movies I got is called, "The Day After Tomorrow." I think it's about an ice age...Which seems pretty appropriate!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It snowed in Alabama yesterday too! We got about an inch, but it snowed most of the day which was so exciting! The ice started melting this morning and I think most of the roads are okay this afternoon. It's supposed to freeze again tonight, but I'm optimistic there will be less ice tonight. I can only assume it will be about the same for you. Enjoy your movie day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be totally fine being snowed in! :) Hope the roads are cleared for you soon, but sometimes being stuck at home isn't so bad... :) Enjoy your movie!!