Search Frugal Divorced Liz

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekly menu plan!

This week I had extra money to spend on groceries, so there will be some extra food in my menu plan!

SUNDAY
Tuna salad sandwiches
Oven fries
Avocado, tomato, cucumber salad

MONDAY
Bean soup with turkey bacon
Beer bread
Chocolate chip cookies

TUESDAY
Leftover bean soup
Leftover bread
Tomato, cucumber, avocado salad

WEDNESDAY
Lentil chili
Homemade corn chips
Guacamole

THURSDAY
Grits
Turkey bacon
Eggs

FRIDAY
Lasagna
Garlic bread
Cucumber, tomato salad
Apple, Mango, Cranberry crisp

SATURDAY
Leftovers!

Most of the extra food I bought was: Yogurt, chocolate chips, turkey bacon, and granola bars! I usually make my own granola bars, but I had 7 $1 off coupons, and the bars were on sale! I ended up only paying $.35 per box. I had 5 $1 off yogurt coupons that let me get 40 containers of Yoplait for $15. $15 is a lot of money to spend on yogurt, but those 40 yogurt containers will last us all month! I also bought 4 mangos and an 8 pound bag of oranges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got some great deals! I'm interested in your beer bread recipe... Care to share? :)