Search Frugal Divorced Liz

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Triple Coupons!

So I went to Food Lion to take advantage of the triple coupon week and I only spent $20 for a whole weeks groceries! This means I only spent half of my $40 a week budget, so I'm pretty thrilled. My total coupon savings added up to $42.63, which is just...Amazing. The best part was, I got a beautiful pot roast that was originally $13.77, but had been marked down to $5.48. I'm going to cook that pot roast in my crock pot tomorrow with some carrots, turnips and onions. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Here is my menu plan for the week.

Monday
Pot roast with vegetables
mashed potatoes
chocolate chip cookies
Tuesday
The kids are eating dinner with their dad, so I'm just having cold cereal with dates cut up in it!
Wednesday
Bean soup with ham
French bread
Thursday
Waffles with peanut butter
Soymilk smoothies
Friday
Leftover pot roast
French fries
Saturday
Spaghetti with meat sauce
Peas
Sunday
Eggs
grits
turkey bacon

1 comment:

Mary said...

Leftover potroast makes wonderful sandwiches, too. Can you grind up the meat for Bella?