Search Frugal Divorced Liz

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekly Grocery and Menu Plan

I didn't buy any groceries this week, because I'm leaving for my vacation on Tuesday! I was tempted to buy some, because our meals have gotten admittedly stranger as I try to use up all of our perishable food. I've still got 2 dozen eggs to use up! Anyway, here is my menu plan for the next few days and what I plan to take with us on vacation.
Sunday
Leftover stir fry
Leftover rice
Monday
Quiche
Vacation food!
Apple walnut bread (This is to use up some bananas and sour cream I have!)
Date nut bread (This is to use up bananas, buttermilk, and of course, dates!)
Yogurt
PBJ sandwiches
Leftover brownies

For breakfast and lunch on Sunday and Monday, I plan to really try to eat up the eggs and some homemade bread I have. I know eggs are cholesterol bombs, but I just really hate to waste them! Hopefully my arteries won't get too clogged.
I hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving. I can't wait to buy turkeys on sale! I'm hoping to buy at least two, because I seriously love turkey. Turkey stew, turkey pot pie, turkey salad...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

No comments: