Search Frugal Divorced Liz

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekly menu plan and an update

It's been a while since I posted a meal plan. That's because I stopped planning meals, much to my chagrin over the past few weeks. I've been really stressed out about a lot of things, but I'm finally trying to get back on track. That's the great thing about falling off the frugal wagon...You can always climb back on. Anyway, here's my meal plan for the week!

MONDAY
Egg salad sandwiches
Oven fries
Cucumber/tomato salad

TUESDAY
Spaghetti with crock pot meatballs and sauce
Peas

WEDNESDAY
Pasta E Fagoli
Beer bread rolls

THURSDAY
Pita bread
Hummus
Cucumber/tomato salad
Greek style meatballs

FRIDAY
Leftovers!

SATURDAY
Crab and corn chowder
Beer bread

SUNDAY
Ravioli with leftover tomato sauce
Green salad

I got a babysitting job recently that will pay me $250 per month. I'm hoping to use $50 of that to pad my grocery budget. $105 every two weeks instead of $80. I think it's going to make a HUGE difference! I'm going to use the other $200 to build up my savings. Every $2000 I save is another month where I won't lose my house, where I won't have to apply for welfare. Every $300 I save is grocery and gas money for a month. Every month that passes brings me closer to getting my degree, and starting a job that will save my children and I from poverty. I just have to get from here to there.

3 comments:

Cate said...

Egg salad sandwiches sound delicious! Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like them, so I rarely make them...but I might have to soon! Yum!

Congratulations on the babysitting job. An extra $250 a month is nothing to sneeze at!

Frugal Divorced Liz said...

I love eggs, because I can buy a pack of 18 for $1.19!

WilliamB said...

That is an amazing price! Two of my best last-minute meals are egg-based: frittatas (great of using leftovers) and donburi.